Nov 29, 2011

Playground replacement ready

Several weeks ago readers will recall I mentioned the vandalism which had occurred in Memorial Park resulting in the destruction of the children’s playground.  I am pleased to advise that works to replace and restore the playground will commence this week.  The new equipment has finally arrived and staff will work to have the playground operational as quickly as possible.  I thank all the playground users for their patience and understanding.  Sadly when such destruction occurs it takes some time to replace as orders have to be placed and insurance claims made.  I doubt those who carry out the mindless acts of destruction to public property ever stop to think about the costs involved or the inconvenience they cause.  As I said in my last column, one day when they have children they might take a moment to reflect on their past actions.  It is a shame they don’t stop to think before they act now.

No comments:

Post a Comment