Oct 7, 2011

Correcting an oversight in art

When things get hectic sometimes you miss out on doing something that you should. For me this happened earlier this year with our annual Youth Week Art Competition. Always a hit with local youth, the art competition allows aspiring young local artists to give us their interpretation of our City, its environment and its people and places – this year in hip hop. Unfortunately, I slipped up and didn’t put details of the winners of the competition in my weekly column. When a proud dad pointed this out to me I undertook to remedy the situation. First prize in the competition went to Hana Holman of Mascot and second prize went to Sagar Aadarsh of Pagewood. Congratulations to both of these promising young artists for some great work. And thanks to the dad who pointed out my omission.

No comments:

Post a Comment